NECHGEAR has affiliate partnerships (including Amazon). These do not influence editorial content, though we may earn commissions for purchases using our links. Clicking the device names, images or buttons will redirect you to the product listing (on Amazon, or other sellers) where you can find more product details. Learn more
Failure is inescapable and inevitable.
Nobody likes failure, but it is a part of life and the success process.
The sad fact is that the only way to avoid failure is if you do not push yourself in any way.
So, the entire life is about learning from mistakes. Each failure is a lesson and nobody is immune to it.
To give you a little bit of inspiration we’ve created a list of 35 quotes about getting back up when life knocks you down. Sure, they’re just words. But they’re positive words.
These inspirational getting back up quotes will give you the jumpstart your life needs.
Inspirational failure quotes about getting back up
1. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
2. “If you learn from defeat, you haven’t really lost.” – Zig Ziglar
3. “Life is like photography. You use the negatives to develop.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
4. “Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times, and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.” – Unknown
5. “Quietly endure, silently suffer and patiently wait.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
6. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
7. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
8. “Success is measured by how high you bounce when you hit bottom” – George S. Patton
9. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
10. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
11. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
12. “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
13. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
14. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” – Samuel Beckett
15. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
16. “Don’t bury your failures, let them inspire you.” – Robert Kiyosaki
17. “When setbacks arise – and they will from time to time – regroup, recharge, refocus and refine.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
18. “You were not made for failure, you were made for victory. Go forward with a joyful confidence.” – George Eliot
19. “Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.” – C. S. Lewis
20. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
Getting Back Up Quotes to Help You Feel Better
21. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.” – R. Brault
22. “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert Schuller
23. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
24. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
25. “Hard times always lead to something great.” – Betsey Johnson
26. “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds…” – Ana Claudia Antunes
27. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
28. “If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up.” – A. Josland
29. “Never regret something that once made you smile.” – Amber Deckers
30. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
31. “This too shall pass.” – Persian Sufi Poets
32. “It’s about being able to go through the grind, willing to get back up when you’re knocked down. And when life’s not going well, not getting down on yourself and just getting back up and getting back to work, and striving to be the best you can be.” – Robbie Lawler
33. “Life is easy when you’re hot. But what happens when the ball bounces the other way? You just keep getting back up and climbing up.” – Bill Walton
34. “Everybody, at some point in their life, has fallen down and not felt like getting back up, but you have to, no matter how difficult it is.” – Charlie Hunnam
35. “Sin and forgiveness and falling and getting back up and losing the pearl of great price in the couch cushions but then finding it again, and again, and again? Those are the stumbling steps to becoming Real, the only script that’s really worth following in this world or the one that’s coming.” – Brennan Manning